VOLUNTEER BEFRIENDERS URGENTLY NEEDED!
Befrienders are needed throughout the Belfast area and BCM has already a waiting list of befriendee’s to pair them up with. Befrienders are asked to give one hour of their time per week to visit an older person in the community who is lonely/isolated and in need of some company. For further details on what the role is, please contact our Community Services Manager, Janet Sewell.
From BCM's foundation in 1889, volunteers have played a vital role in the life of the Mission and this remains true today. In fact this is an expanding area of our work and the contribution made by our volunteers helps us with all areas of our work.
Why Volunteer with BCM?
- To give something back
- To meet new people
- To share a skill/learn new ones
- Be part of a team
- To help others
- To help with career development
- Something different from the average 9 to 5
- You have a few hours to spare
- A sense of achievement
Whatever your reason and however small your commitment, YOU CAN REALLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
We need volunteers who would be willing to give up a little bit of their time. There are many ways you could help.
Some examples include:
- Befriending older people
- Assisting at our Short Breaks for Older People
- Helping with street collections
- Help with preparing quarterly appeal information
- Helping out at our regular tea-dances
- Sorting and packing Christmas presents and food hampers for children, families and older people in the community
- Supporting the Community Services Manager
Or perhaps you have an idea of how you would like to help? Please let us know.
BCM’s Volunteers underpin, and support all activities within our Community Services Programme. Without your valuable time and support, we could not carry out this work which is crucial to helping so many people in Northern Ireland.
BCM Volunteers were one of the first volunteer groups to win the Queens Award for Volunteering in 2005.
BCM has held the Investors in Volunteers Award since 2006 and was one of the first agencies to achieve this in Northern Ireland.
If you would like to learn more about volunteering at BCM, please contact Janet Sewell, Community Services Manager at Grosvenor House, Telephone 028 9024 1917 or email Janet on firstname.lastname@example.org